Thursday, September 30, 2010

Athens, Greece

After visiting Rome I went to Athens, Greece. Again, I had a great time! Athens was just as beautiful as Rome. I stayed in Greece June 18th and 19th. The language they speak there is Greek so I bought a Grek to English dictionary so I could understand some of what they were saying. The currency there is the Euro like it was in Rome. I had to get my American dollar traded for the Euro. I stayed in the Eridonis Art Luxery Hotel which was once a mansion of a famous Athenian family. Which was really neat! Of course it has been remodeled but it was still really neat! The first place I visited was The Acropolis. The architechture was amazing! It took a long time to get to the top and it got really hot up there but the weather couldn't take away from the amzing view. The Parthenon is one of the main buildings of the Acropolis. It was built by Pericles in the fifth century BC as a monument to the cultural and politicak achievements of the inhabitants of Athens. Acropolis means upper city. After I visited the Acropolis I went to the National Gardens. The gardens are located behind the Greek Parliment building. It has some of the ancient ruins in it and so many plants. It was formely known as the King's Garden. There were a lot of ducks! They were everywhere. There isn't only ducks however there is a turtle population. It was so neat!! The third place I visited was Spondi which is a Greek restruant. This restaurant was very fancy and had great food. I was able to try some new things and I really enjoyed it! Now I have just borded the train and I am one my way to Spain.
For more information about the Gardens check out this link

To see more about the Acropolis, see this link

No comments:

Post a Comment