Thursday, September 30, 2010

Barcelona, Spain

My third stop on my European trip was Spain. I stayed in Barcelona from June 20-23. Barcelona was beautiful! The buildings and cities were just amazing! I stayed at the Hotel Inglaterra Barcelona. It was just a great as the rest of the city. The first place I visited in Barcelona was Palau del Lloctinent. This is a Gothic style building with a few Renaissance elements. This building isn't as decorated on the inside but is amazing on the inside! There are a lot of plants on the inside but it looks old on the outside. If you didn't go inside you would never think that this building would look so pretty on the inside! The second place I cvisited was the Montserrat. The Montserrat has huge limestone pinnacles rising over gorges! It is so beautiful! It was founded in 1025 to commemorate visions of the Virgin Mary. Many tourists come to see a wooden sculptue of Mary and the baby Jesus. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. After I toured the Monsterrat I decided I would tour the city. I went to the Zoo de Barcelona first. The zoo had over 7,000 animals! There were so many! There were Gorillas and everything else you could imagine, it was there. Then I went to The Jardins del Mossen Cinto de Verdaguer. This is a garden with any kind of plant there is. There were so many! They have plants I have never even heard of! There were even aquatic plants such as the Lotus and the Water Lily. This was just another one of my great experiences!
If you would like to see more click on this link

The Barcelona Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment